Tuesday 24 February 2009

The Heart of Fernwood SOLD

This is the heart of Victoria's Fernwood
neighbourhood with all of the "art and heart" buildings
that I mention in one of my earlier posts.
The building to the far left is the Belfry Theatre and the building
behind the pink cherry tree is home to the She Said Gallery.
Across the street there is the Fernwood Inn
and the Cornerstone Cafe.
The black dog from "In Fernwood" found it's way
into this one
and so did a VW van...
--------
"The Heart of Fernwood"
acrylic on canvas
24 x 24
SOLD

6 comments:

  1. What a joy filled, energetic painting. I love the sky. Wait, I love the buildings and the way you've given them personality. Oh yes, and, I love the composition!

    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great painting of Fernwood Linny. I love the composition, playful style and warm light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melinda,

    Thank-you, thank-you and thank-you! Your generous and wonderfully uplifting comments are a joy to receive! I really had fun painting this one and I'm glad that it comes through in the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ken,

    Thanks so much, Ken. As you know, Fernwood is a warm and playful place and it was a joy to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart of fernwood beats a little stronger because of this important piece Linny!!

    Beautiful work!!!

    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for your hearty comment, Jeffrey!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails