Friday 2 October 2009

View from Mount Maxwell SOLD

This one is from my mid September adventure
to Salt Spring Island.
The view from Mount Maxwell is incredible!
Before I started to paint I met and visited
with Jane and Robb
who were enjoying their last lookout before
returning to Edmonton.
As I began painting
I was able to look down on the turkey vultures in flight
and watch a raven that was keeping an eye on me keeping an
eye on him/her
from one of the trees growing
below on the cliff.
The view is of the farms along the way to Fulford Harbour
and beyond that is Washington state.
---------------------------
oil on wood panel
(plein air)
9 x 12
SOLD

4 comments:

  1. oooh.... another gold wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sheila. It really was a September golden wonderland from atop Mount Maxwell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linny,

    This is so gorgeous. I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment more lately. I'm a bit overwhelmed with schoolwork and my painting.

    I just absolutely love your work. It's incredibly inspiring.

    Take care,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, thank-you so very much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails