Sunday 21 September 2014

"The Double Umbrella Cabin"




Another from a recent 
Linnyland painting/swimming adventure 
on Saltspring/Salt Spring Island.
From the middle of the lake,
where an Osprey circled and visited during my swim, 
I could see a little blue cabin that I thought I'd like to paint.
But later, when I set up to paint, I discovered that 
there was a tree that blocked the view
of the fine little blue cabin. So, this is
somewhat of "a recollection of that cabin, 
combined with moving a different cabin 
down the mountain side and closer to the lake, 
plus the addition of a couple of yellow striped
 straight out of Linnyland umbrellas type of painting". 
*And, just for a "fun" challenge 
I thought, "I'll forgo using any red paint";
whenever I try this, 
(and all the while that I paint),
my inner voice screams out,
"NO RED - WHY, LINNY, WHY?!!"
--------------
"The Double Umbrella Cabin"
oil on wood
10 x 8

4 comments:

  1. I could enjoy living right here! Love the complementary palette! Who needs red when one has blue???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting and description. Boy I wish I was there with you. Everything you did is what we artists do -- right. It's Linnyland, and I love it. I get you on the red paint. For me it's the orange ground. Got to have it, or a red ground. It's the warmth we crave. This has got the warmth we count on from Linnyland, and I love it.
    XOXOXOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you, Barbara - wouldn't it have been great to float about and paint about together!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails