Wednesday 23 November 2011

Little Lennard Light SOLD


Haiku Ode to Lennard:
~
Early, not yet bright
on Chesterman Beach painting
Lennard Island light.
~
The sunrise for the second paint of my recent Tofino 
Linnyland painting adventure was spectacular - and without wind! 
I wasn't aware that I'd set up to paint beside an entrance 
to the beach until the first group
 of early morning surfers arrived behind me and
excitedly exclaimed , "SWEET!!!".
I was focused on my painting 
so I thought that they were, too.
My toque was getting a bit tight 
before I twigged that the surfers were (of course!) 
referring to the great wave conditions. 
Hat fitting more appropriately, I continued painting.
Soon after, a couple of the freshly suited up surfers offered,
 "Like your depiction of Lennard Light", 
as they ran past me towards
 their sweet waves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Little Lennard Light", 12x9, oil on cradled wood, ©Linny D Vine
 SOLD
Private Collection Oak Bay BC Canada

9 comments:

  1. Votre peinture m'apporte à chaque fois une grande vague d'émotion... J'aime beaucoup votre travail.
    Je vous envoie de gros bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Works
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linnyland!... In the words of the Great one:
    How SWEET it is!!!" HA HA!!

    Tight toque or not... you have once again captured the vertical Lennard pillar of light with the usual Linny touch of whimsy and gold... but in this case your haiku elevates it to higher levels! A gem!

    Good Painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    PS We all have those reoccurring needs to visit and paint particular sites that we love...EH LInny? Perhaps... you might consider modifying the spelling of the word ode... to owed??? HA HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong composition, lovely landscape and gorgeous, stunning textured sky. I love it.

    Wow. Your work is totally tubular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you, Bruce! (Yes, Haiku Owed to Lennard - love it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for your "sweet" comment, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of color on the sky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails